Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Politics

This year I decided to get a little more involved with politics. I am the Republican precint chair in my neighborhood and a volunteer on Senator Hatch's campaign (not that a five term incumbent needs much help). I've also crashed a few fundraisers -- and the picture below is from a Chris Cannon event. The guy to my left is very involved in politics and works for me as Winder's VP of marketing -- he's also related to Chris Cannon. At this event he arranged for us attend a VIP session with several congressmen and local big shots. From left to right are Senator Bob Bennett, Congressman Chris Cannon, me, Mike Winder, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky (also Majority Whip), Senator Orrin Hatch and Utah's Lt. Governor Gary Herbert.

Before taking the picture they asked us to introduce ourselves. Mike Winder introduced me as his partner -- and silence filled the room. I quickly added that we were of the business and not domestic variety, and Senator McConnell burst into laughter. True story. Posted by Picasa

No comments: