Sunday, November 07, 2010

My favorite child...at least today

We had a great weekend planned -- mountain biking, watching football games, attending the Real Salt Lake playoff game...it was going to be awesome. Then Friday night Jennifer tells me that she's decided to go accompany her mom on a weekend trip to visit grandma in St. George. No problem -- we were planning to watch too many sports for Jen to really appreciate the great weekend plan. :-) Then my 9 year old daughter gets recruited to join what is now being billed as a "Girls Trip," and since she is our angel child I am selfishly bummed that she won't be around for the weekend. Fine, now we have a boys weekend -- no more need for cooking, and we can let the house go to pot. On Saturday morning my nine year old son gets a call from a friend who invites him to attend the BYU football game. He accepts immediately....I'm down to babysitting the 4 year old.

I ask him what he wants to do expecting some combo of Dinosaur Museum for the 100th time this year and "Old McDonalds" (that's how he refers to the golden arches). But, my favorite child says "let's go golfing!" Have I mentioned how much I dig babysitting? On the first hole I tee one high for him and he crushes it -- it must have traveled 20 whole feet in the air. Another group of golfers saw it and one of them asks Nathan to autograph his golf ball, which he did with a big N. He asked Nathan what he liked best about golf and he honestly answered "getting birdies." Not sure where he learned that since I am the only person he has played with. :-)

So, a great weekend plan became even better.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: