Friday, September 25, 2009

Will we survive the weekend?

Jennifer flew to Minnesota yesterday to visit her sister, and left the rest of us to fend for ourselves. I know both of our families are wondering if we will survive.

So far, so good. After school ended today we headed up to the mountains on what may have been the nicest day of the year. The weather was perfect, and it's peak fall season in the higher elevations. We took the ski lift up at Sundance and hiked to Stewart Falls. We've done this hike several times starting at the Mt. Timp trailhead, but this was a first coming from Sundance and I much prefer this new route. Great tree cover for much of the trip, a few small stream crossings, and spectacular mountain views.

We capped the day with dinner at The Spaghetti Factory, Anna's favorite. Except for Nathan's constant "where's mommy?" questioning, we are surviving well (except me...that's why I'm blogging at midnight :-) ).

No comments: