Sunday, January 08, 2006

Skiing Lessons

The kids started skiing lessons this week. Upon arriving at the resort we were greeted by their instructor. His name is "Coach" (which made he highly suspicious), and he told me that the first day is mostly orientation and sometimes all they accomplish is a few snowball fights. So I pulled Coach aside and told him I did not sign the kids up for daycare, and if they were not skiing today that the kids and I would slash his tires. He looked at me like I was psycho -- and I assured him that I was -- and then said he'd do his best. I checked in on the kids throughout the day and they were skiing their little fannys off.

Jen cannot ski this year because she is w/ child, so I spent the day skiing alone. It was actually great -- I loaded my iPod with a bunch of songs I liked in high school and rocked out down the mountain. I was in the zone -- some guys tried to talk to me on the ski lift and I just pointed to the headphones. I was rad.

The best thing about the lessons is I get to spend the day with the kids doing something fun, and Jen gets a full day of rest. I'll take my camera next week and post some pictures.

No comments: